In Grand-Saconnex, Ancienne-Mairie, July-August 2023
👉👉👉English, Art and Science camps
English in the morning, French in the afternoon
- Ages: for 5 to 12-year-olds
- How: hands-on activities, games, arts, + scientific experiments
- Where: Ancienne-Mairie, Chemin Tornay 1, 1218 Grand-Saconnex
- Fee: full-days from 385 CHF a week per child, while half-day is from 240 CHF a week per child, supplies, mid-morning and afternoon refreshments included
- Time: full day is 9 am to 5 pm, half-day is 9 am to 1 pm, or 1 pm to 5 pm
- Dates: weekly, from 03-07, 10-14 July and 14-18 August 2023
Goals of the week
In a fun and international environment, your child will develop their English and explore science through hands-on activities.
- Beginners: learn words and simple phrases, train their ear to new sounds, play games indoors and outdoors; draw to engage all senses and better remember “stuff” over time
- False beginners: use their knowledge of English, expand it, learn more new words and simple phrases, organize what they know and start telling stories or short poems
- Native speakers: deepen language skills and expand vocabulary through more detailed storytelling and artwork.
Some activities reinforce afternoon scientific activities – for example, making ice-cream in the morning and understanding the science in the afternoon.
Art and Science
- Understand basic scientific concepts by doing, e.g. evaporation, using water as a driving force (water wheel), the color wheel
- To illustrate and confirm their knowledge through experimentation, observation such as comparing results with classmates, and perfecting designs or structures until they work!
- Relax, deepen learning and recharge through artwork
Why English and science?
We are immersed in English and science! Yet, the perception that science is “hard” sometimes keeps us from understanding how things work. During holiday and summer camps, we examine fundamental science concepts and present them through fun, hands-on activities. In this way, we lay the groundwork for children to better understand the theoretical approaches they encounter in school.
There are so many opportunities to learn and develop English. During English Talk and Fun mornings, children work with situations and words in many ways: listening, speaking, drawing, playing and writing. This helps them remember, keading to a better understanding of important words and structures. Children get to explore topics they like as they learn, review or consolidate English fundamentals.
Level of English
From beginner to native – our activities are designed to differentiate levels as needed.
Full week or half-week (5 days) summer camps, small groups
Mornings : English Talk and Fun, all levels
Afternoons : Science and Art (French; teachers speak English & Japanese, too)
In the morning, everyone becomes a word detective – you discover English at your own level and especially through games. In the initiation stage, we learn the sounds, we listen, we repeat and we remember by playing. We start speaking on the first day, it’s exciting and natural – the little ones sometimes forget that they are speaking a foreign language. Children who have a better grasp of English participate just as much and will have the opportunity to develop more deeply. Afterwards, we draw, craft and assemble a beautiful booklet that will grow even more with the afternoon’s activities.
In the afternoon, through science, art and engineering, Reporters turn into Engineers and test their hypotheses about air resistance, symmetry, gravity, weight, height… Other related scientific activities in the morning and afternoon include origami, math, geometry and a bit of magic related to optical illusions.
Children bring their own lunch, which can be reheated; healthy snacks (which sometimes reflect the theme of the week) are provided.
When : from 03-07, 10-14 July and 14-18 August 2023
|July 3-7||English Talk & Fun||The Engineers||Colors 1|
|July 10-14||English Talk & Fun||The Engineers||Food|
|August 14-18||English Talk & Fun||The Engineers||Colors 2|
- You live in Grand-Saconnex
- You work there
- Your child goes to school here
- Your child is a student with us
385 CHF per week full time, 240 CHF in the mornings from 9am to 1pm, or in the afternoons from 1pm to 5pm, including snacks and supplies
Even if you are in another situation, you are more than welcome to join us for a small additional fee:
399 CHF full time week, 250 CHF mornings from 9am to 1pm, or afternoons from 1pm to 5pm, including snacks and supplies
Enroll or request further information
Registration is confirmed by email or by telephone.