👉👉👉English activities for children in summer
- Ages: 10 to 13 year olds
- Why: Solid foundations with a focus on speaking sets the stage of more advanced learning
- How: Dynamic and focused on developing speaking skills and foundational understanding of English sentence structure
- Where: Chemin Tornay 1, 1218 Grand-Saconnex
- Fee: 250 CHF per child
- TIme: 9 am to 12 pm *
- Dates: 25-29 October 2021
Language workshops maximize integrative skills – just like we do in “real life”
This means we use a hands-on but rigorous approach to make sure each child strengthens their skills and is ready to learn better and faster back in school. Themes this week include:
- The mystery of Verbs and Tenses
- The mystery of Sounds
- Basketfuls of Words
*Extended reception hours upon request
- Refresher course before kids start or continue English at school
- Acquire solid verb and vocabulary skills
- Great value for money
- Close to UN and other organizations
- Small groups
Who should attend these workshops?
These workshops are for children in 8P and 9P (CO) who want or need to review the fundamentals of English as learned in public school through effective and fun activities, and to practice conversation. 7P students with some knowledge of English are also welcome.
In keeping with A0 and A1 standards of English that apply to grades 7P and 8P, by the end of this workshop, your child will be able to :
- structure sentences by formulating questions and giving answers
- pronounce, understand and write basic words and phrases across a range of topics
- recognize the use of the past tense
If necessary, the level of the activities is adjusted up or down in order to motivate and reinforce the skills of each participant.
How does it work?
We use tailored visual resources, audio recordings and documents that have been successfully tested by many learners! There is no homework. It is possible to register for both weeks.